DOWSIL™ 993 Structural Glazing Sealant
● High strength and flexibility: It provides high tensile strength and flexibility, allowing it to accommodate building movement, thermal expansion, and contraction.
● Adhesion to a variety of substrates: This sealant can bond to a wide variety of substrates, including glass, metal, and many plastics, making it a versatile solution for a range of applications.
● Durable: It is designed to provide long-term performance and durability, with excellent resistance to weathering, UV light, and temperature extremes.
● Easy to mix and apply: It is a two-part system that is easy to mix and apply, with a fast cure time and no priming required.
● Meets industry standards: This sealant meets or exceeds industry standards, including ASTM C1184, ASTM C920, and ISO 11600.
● Suitable for high-rise construction: It is suitable for high-rise construction and other demanding structural glazing applications, providing reliable and long-lasting performance.
Here are some performance data for DOWSIL™ 993 Structural Glazing Sealant:
1. Tensile strength: The tensile strength of DOWSIL™ 993 is 450 psi (3.1 MPa), which indicates its ability to withstand pulling or stretching forces.
2. Elongation: The elongation of DOWSIL™ 993 is 50%, which indicates its ability to stretch and move with building materials, accommodating thermal expansion and contraction.
3. Hardness: The Shore A hardness of DOWSIL™ 993 is 35, which indicates its ability to resist indentation or penetration.
4. Movement capability: It can accommodate movement up to +/- 50% of the original joint width, which is important in structural glazing applications where building materials constantly move due to environmental and other factors.
5. Cure time: It has a tack-free time of 2 to 4 hours and a cure time of 7 to 14 days at room temperature, depending on humidity and temperature conditions.
6. Temperature resistance: It can withstand temperatures ranging from -50°C to 150°C (-58°F to 302°F), making it suitable for use in a wide range of environmental conditions.
There is no need for upkeep. Replace the damaged portion of the sealant if it becomes damaged. DOWSIL 993 Structural Glazing Sealant will adhere to cured silicone sealant that has been knife-cut or abraded.
Usable life: The usable life of DOWSIL™ 993 is typically six months from the date of manufacture when stored in unopened containers at or below 32°C (90°F) and in dry conditions. The usable life may be shorter if the sealant has been exposed to high temperatures or moisture.
Storage conditions: To ensure the best possible performance and shelf life, it is important to store DOWSIL™ 993 in a cool, dry place that is protected from direct sunlight and extreme temperature fluctuations. Containers should be kept tightly sealed when not in use to prevent moisture from entering.
The DOWSIL 993 Structural Glazing Sealant Base comes in 226.8 kg drums.
DOWSIL 993 Structural Glazing Sealant Curing Agent comes in a pail of 19 kg.
DOWSIL™ 993 Structural Glazing Sealant is a high-performance product that offers excellent adhesion, strength, and durability for structural glazing applications. However, it also has some limitations that are important to keep in mind, including:
1. Not suitable for certain materials: It is not recommended for use with copper, brass, or galvanized metals, as it can react with these materials and cause discoloration or other issues.
2. Not suitable for some applications: It may not be suitable for use in certain applications, such as those involving continuous immersion in water or certain chemicals, or those subject to extreme temperatures.
3. Not paintable: It is not recommended for use in applications where it will be painted or coated, as the surface of the sealant can prevent adhesion of the paint or coating.
4. Not recommended for use in certain joint configurations: It may not be suitable for use in certain joint configurations, such as those with extreme movement, as the sealant may not be able to accommodate the necessary movement.
5. Not suitable for use in food contact applications: It is not suitable for use in applications where it will come into contact with food or drinking water.
1. unit of insulating glass
2. structural silicone seal (DOWSIL 993 Structural Glazing Sealant)
3. Spacer block made of silicone rubber
4. Setting block made of silicone
5. Profile made of aluminum
6. Backer rod
7. Dimensions of structural sealant width
8. Dimension of structural sealant bite
9. Dimensions of the weather seal
10. Weather seal made of silicone (DOWSIL 791 Silicone Weatherproofing Sealant)
11. Glass seal with silicone insulation (DOWSIL 982 Silicone Insulating Glass Sealant)